Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For my Ikea-lovin' friends...


Still getting settled into life on a ship. Yesterday we had emergency drills and learned what to do if someone falls overboard! I also learned that my "special assignment" for the week is stripping and waxing the dining room floors! We start tonight after dinner and work through the night! We'll see how that goes! :) One thing I really enjoy about the community here on board is that everyone helps out where/when needed. For instance, the man who met us at the airport and drove us to the ship just happens to be the Hospital Manager! (And he has lived on the Isle of Palms!) Everyone has really been great in welcoming us newbees.

Yesterday I found an Ikea on the way up the mountain! We're on a pretty small island off the coast of Africa, and there's an Ikea!? (Thought of you Alicia!) Also, an H&M, Amber!

There are still several major things that need to get done on the ship before we can begin the sail to Benin. They are thinking we might be able to leave Friday or Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment