Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time Flies!

It's so hard for me to believe I arrived on the Africa Mercy 4 weeks ago! For those who don't know... the ship arrived in Cotonou, Benin on the 10th of February after 9 1/2 days at sea. We've been busy preparing for the hospital to open. I helped out with the spreading out of the equipment, organizing, bleaching, and other random jobs of the OR's to get them up and running for our first surgery on Feb. 24th. This past Thursday and Friday were pretty intense days of screening to find surgical candidates. Several thousand people came seeking medical care. It was a lot to take in. I will share more and post some pictures tomorrow. Just wanted to say hello and let you know things are going well!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ginger,

    Cool blog. Christie told me about it. Very nice to see you helping people. Super! Be careful and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger,

    Nice blog! Christie told me about it. Great to follow you around the world. Take care and God bless you.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Ginger~ I am so proud of you and excited for this trip for you! I know God is guiding all of you each step of the way. Love, Theresa Morgan :)

    ReplyDelete