Friday, April 3, 2009

Teeth and Tumors

This boy's teeth were jumbled up by two tumors in his cheeks. We took a biopsy of one side this past Wednesday. The tissue sample will travel to the USA tonight (via a crew member heading home) to be mailed to Michigan where it will be analyzed and the results will be sent back to the ship in 10-15 days. From there it will be determined whether or not this boy will have surgery to remove the tumors.


Here I'm holding a benign tumor that was removed from a woman's cheek. In a few days she will be able to return home not hiding her face with cloth. She now has hope of a future without ridicule, harassment, or embarrassment. I have to stop and think sometimes that these operations are so much more than what meets the eye. By the grace of God lives are being transformed in huge ways, and I'm so thankful I get to play a small part in it.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. that was in a woman's head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ging! I can't wait for you to be home though! Won't be long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a beautiful thing to be a part of!

    Happy Easter, Ginger! I love you!

    ReplyDelete