Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Long Weekend in Nigeria!

Last weekend, I grabbed Sharon and Becky and we headed for the Benin/Nigeria border to visit my Great-Aunt Glenda and Great-Uncle Babs. We had a wonderful visit...



Visiting my Aunt Glenda's latest accomplishment: The Masha Music Academy






It was great spending time with Uncle Babs and Aunt Glenda! They gave us the grand tour of Lagos - including a drive around the various islands that make up the city, a stop at the national museum, and a feast at one of their favorite places... a Pizza Parlor/Indian Restaurant/Coffee & Ice Cream Bar!









My cousin Kola and I at the market just outside the city. It was a lot of fun hanging out with Kola and his girlfriend Lola! They showed us a great time and introduced us to Suya (very very spicy beef! YUMMY!)

2 comments:

  1. Kola and Lola - so cute!

    How cool that you got to connect with family on the other side of the world!

    I miss you. I need a good Ginger hug! I hope you're having an amazing time - it sure seems that way! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kola looks just like that picture we have of him when he was about 5. Hysterical! I can't believe you got to spend the weekend with them! So cool! Is Kola living with Uncle Babs and Aunt Glenda?

    ReplyDelete